By West Norwood Therapies Team, Mar 2 2020 05:17PM
Yoga teacher Emma Klein introduces her series of yoga workshops focusing on the core - a good comprehensive journey to help you support yourself in yoga which will run in April and May over 4 Sunday morning 2 hour wokshops.
A 4-week course of 2-hour workshops
Open to all levels – appropriate for beginners
A stronger core may reduce back problems, improve posture, balance and strength throughout the whole body. Stronger pelvic floor will help with incontinence, especially postnatally and a well-maintained diaphragm can help reduce stress and anxiety.
During these four weeks we will
• Focus on strengthening all parts of the core, including the diaphragm and pelvic floor;
• Take a progression through arm balancing and work specifically on Crow and Forearm Balancing
• Dip our toes into breathwork and how to use the diaphragm properly
Workshop 1: What is the Core?
• Starting to strengthen and bring awareness to all aspects of the core
• Encounter arm balancing and start to build your foundation
• Take a first look at breathwork
Workshop 2: Focus: Abs and Back
• Taking a deeper focus onto the front and back of the body
• Abdominal and back flexibility through back bends
• Abdominal and back strength with postures targeted to these areas
• Building onto arm balances from previous class
Workshop 3: Focus: Sides, Pelvic Floor and Diaphragm
• Taking a deeper focus on rotational core as well as building the pelvic floor
• Building onto arm balances from previous class and a look at variations
• A deeper look at breathwork
Workshop 4: Putting it all Together
• Using everything learnt from the previous weeks together
• Taking your arm balancing to its maximum
• Wind down with a final look at breathwork and how to incorporate it into your life
Dates (Sundays): Workshop 1 - 26th April; Workshop 2 - 3rd May; Workshop 3 - 17th May; Workshop 4 - 24th May
Time: 10:00 - 12:00
Cost: £30 per workshop or £100 for all four booked together
NB: You must be able to attend 3 out of the 4 workshops to book in.
Book by contacting Emma directly: email@example.com